Poland - Electric.

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 14:01:21 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 8/4/2003 5:29:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Eric.Henderson at gartner.com writes:

> I had heard this several times and a question kept nagging away in the deeper recesses...
>
> Here goes. If you are selected to represent your country flying one type of plane and power plant, is it kosher to switch to a new design or radically different power source, such
> as electric?
>
> E.

My personal opinion is we selected individual pilots to represent us in International Competition.  We didn't select planes, radios, engines, paint schemes, etc.  I think it is perfectly fine for Jason (or anyone to switch planes, powerplants, radios, whatever) prior to representing us.  No one would even blink an eye if all Jason did was switch to a new plane (same model or a different model).  No one would protest if he switched engines and then only a few would pay attention if he switched radio brands. So, if he switched to electric, great, still takes pilot skill to do well..........

Don Atwood

# discussion-request at nsrca.org