Sealing Plastic Covering

Van - Mail List - Road Runner extra330 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Apr 30 09:02:30 AKDT 2003

Don't won't to sound like I'm being a smart butt here, but if you take your
time with the iron, and really seal the edges well, they won't lift. You
need a proper overlap, and a covering plan so that things over lap like
shingles, and seal the model fully when your done.

when putting color over color at a seem be sure to wipe the edges clean, and
I often use trim solvent to clean the covering I am overlapping to be sure
"nothing" is on it. This way, the seam is absolutely closed, and sealed.

I do clearcoat decals ( vinyl stuff ) but I truly don;t have issues with the
covering lifting.

This is not the only way to do it, just they way I do it.

Van

Van Flowers
World Aerobatic Freestyle Championships - 2003
Logistics Coordinator
http://www.freestyle-2003.com <http://www.freestyle-2003.com/>