Sealing Plastic Covering

WHIP23 at aol.com WHIP23 at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 08:39:21 AKDT 2003

In a message dated 4/30/03 9:31:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
junk at velocitus.net writes:

> What is the preferred method of sealing the edges of Monokote or
> Ultracote?  Back ten years ago I used to mix up K&B Superpoxy clear with
> gloss harnened in a 1 oz cup, and brush with a nice paint brush along the
> leading edges and corners, any place that would be prone to lifting.
>
> What else do you guys do, if anything, to seal these edges?
>
> -D

I have not been doing any sealing, the key is to get the edges REALLY hot,
they will stay down if they are put down hot (speaking of monocote, I quit
using Ultracote because is doesn't seal as well)  Any of the current clear
topcotes PPG, DuPount etc would work and I have used this to lay monocote
trim on a glass fuse, better than K&B because doesn't yellow.

Bob