Sealing Plastic Covering

Amir Neshati amirneshati at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 30 10:38:22 AKDT 2003

Whip is right, just make sure the edges are ironed down well. I clean the area
that will have trim on it with lacquer thinner and then tack rag it to remove dust.
If you have enough lighting, you will see all the finger prints disappear after
cleaning the base surface.....

X-Acto blades have a little oil on them, so wiping them with a little alcohol or
other solutions to remove the oil is good. And don't touch the adhesive side
of sharp/pointy sections of trim with anything...common urge makes us lift the
sharp points with an X-Acto blade  that has oil on it...This is one of the
reasons some sharp/pointy edges lift....

I use Monokote only and it takes about 230ish deg. to activate the adhesive
with minimum shrinkage, which is what I use for most areas...then I use an iron
without a sock at 270ish deg. for doing the overlaps of top and bottom covering
at the L.E., etc......For Monokote on Monokote using the Windex method, around
180ish deg. is the most I've used and it works well....The Windex method will hold
very well even without heat.....

If you add a couple of drops of blue to a can of K&B clear, it won't yellow like Whip ;-)

Okay, I got excited...it's covering stuff....I'll end it now....I had a Troy moment ;-)

Amir