Hirobo Stream-50

John Crozier sjcrozier at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 13:10:29 AKDT 2003

Bill..Many posts on RCUniverse.com..
Search "Swallow"....croz
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Glaze" <billglaze at triad.rr.com>
To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Hirobo Stream-50

> Eric:
> I recently picked up a Swallow kit from Ron van Putte.  I like the
simplicity of fixed gear, but would go to retracts if the handling of the
airplane would be better.
> Horsepower shouldn't be an issue, as I intend to power the craft with a
Y.S. 1.20 (old style.)  Unless I get a lot of advice that says "don't use
that engine."
> Comments, anybody with knowledge of the airframe?
>
> Bill Glaze
>

> "Henderson,Eric" wrote:
>
> > No web-site.
> >
> > They are two different creatures. If you want an almost-2M type pattern
plane size an behavior, the Swallow will fit the bill. If you are a sport
flyer that wants to try pattern with a similar 40-60 sized plane economy of
scale effect, you will be delighted with how well the Stream-50 conducts
itself in the air.

> > The Swallow is fixed or retracts. The Stream-50 is retracts. They both
"behave" well. The do behave like the above mentioned counterparts.

> > Regards,
> >
> > Eric.

or the same as the Swallow? JEZ

# discussion-request at nsrca.org