K-Factor vision of the future.

Ihncheol Park PatternFlyer at msn.com
Sun Sep 29 19:07:41 AKDT 2002

Well, I like the idea of using CDRs for mailing.  The media costs are lower
than printing.
I have no idea how many copies of K-Factors are mailed each month.  However,
NSRCA will need a CD Copier (writer) that is capable of at least 5 copies at
once.  The price for these drive are well above $260.00 each.  Then, those
CD writers do not last very long due to high volume of writing.
Maybe someone has to figure out how much would it cost first for
1. Printing K-Factors (current)
2. Using CD-R with duplicator(s)  Always need a back up drive(s).  Meantime
failure of drives need to be considered.

Both above also need to include postage.  CDs are fragile, so there has to
be cardboard covers.

I also saw another member's post about doubling the membership cost.  Well,
Are we going to pay more than the AMA membership fee which include
subscription to Model Avation and liability insurance?  I am ok to pay
higher membership for NSRCA as long as it is less than AMA membership and
the K-Factor with on-time delivery, better information rather than the
contest schedules and results.

Also, why not keep the archives of K-Factors for those who wants to look at
the old issues?  I am not sure if NSRCA still has all those old issues in
PDF or any type of files.
NSRCA can sell the past issues in CD-Rs (12 issues in one?).  When I joined
the NSRCA, I could not find any old issues at all.  If you need more hard
drive space, I have a new 40G HDD that I will donate for archive use by
NSRCA.

I do not want to download K-Factor from NSRCA website.  Been there and tried
several times because of automatic disconnection from MSN.  They just
upgraded entire software with MSN Explorer and don't have any idea about why
my MSN software is showing automatic disconnection notice. So far I have
good enough connection and don't want to spend too much ($34.00 for 3
months).
I don't plan on going to DSL or Cable modem at least until they are
reasonably priced without changing the monthly prices and it is also
recommended to have firewall if you have lots of information in you PC.

Pilot manual is a very nice idea for new members and those who want to try
Pattern.  Gotta be on the NSRCA website.

Yeah, why isn't there any K-Factor?  I think at least something has to be
posted to NSRCA website in What's new section or at the first page?
I used to subscribe more than 5 magazines, but removed all other than AMA
and NSRCA!!  I need something to read!!.

Ihncheol