AMA Magazine Article - the paragraph

Van - E-Mail LIST extra330 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Sep 29 13:43:42 AKDT 2002

>From the Article - Radio Control Scale Aerobatics - Page 125, November 2002

" About seven or eight years ago I looked into flying in Pattern
competition. I went to a couple of meets in my area and found the
competitors to be very secretive and standoffish. Nobody wanted to help. I
felt like nobody wanted me there and nobody wanted to talk to me. Needless
to say, I stayed away from competition for a long time because of that
experience "

>From a personal perspective, I don't think that Mike was throwing any darts
at Pattern. He asked this fellow how he got involved in IMAC, and he related
his experience to going into IMAC.  I can fully believe that he went to a
Pattern meet and no one helped him out. Some clubs are that way, no matter
if it's Pylon, CL, Soaring, IMAC or Pattern. I'm just sorry that he did not
meet someone like Steve, Neal or Matt at his first contest. He would still
be flying Pattern today. I'm sure the bad experience was directly related to
the people he talked to, not Pattern itself.

I don't think I'd try and read too much between the lines from the article,
it just not come across to me as an intentional attack.

My thoughts,

Van Flowers
AMA: 6216CD  NSRCA: 2778 IMAC: 2229

# discussion-request at nsrca.org