K-Factor vision of the future.

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 25 13:34:00 AKDT 2002

I am greatly encouraged that the sacred cow is being evaluated.

I do two newsletters.
1- Local Club newsletter, 2-3 sheets, Office Depot copies them ( 0.06 per
side) collates & staples them (0.01 per copy), I add my label & a 0.37
stamp. Cost to the club is (0.74) per copy mailed first class. The labels
are pretty cheap. I do about 75 copies per month.
Want a quick load?
Check out this month at
http://home.sprintmail.com/~johnferrell/page1.html

2-Church Newsletter: Limit production to 5 sheets of 20# paper closed with a
label so that first class is still 0.37. Since we have our own copier and
some help I am not sure what the reproduction costs are but I expect the
cost at Office Depot would be reasonable.  I do about 220 of these a month.

The deadline is real. The size limit is real. The information is current. No
effort is made to be slick. Cycle time is very short. Color is out of the
consideration. The readers are happy.

A lot depends on what parameters you pursue.
My vote goes for content and timeliness.

John Ferrell
6241 Phillippi Rd
Julian NC 27283
Phone: (336)685-9606