Tuned pipe or muffler with large 2-Strokes?

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Sat Sep 21 05:46:22 AKDT 2002

There are no disadvantages to the types of pipes we use for the Pattern 2
strokes.  The tuned exhaust gives more power and in my experience throttle
response is actually smoother and quicker.  These engines are timed to be
used with pipes, and in the cases of OS/Hatori, ES Design, Asano and our own
Greve, the pipes are configured specifically for Pattern.

This is not to say that 2 stroke pattern engines don't work fine on
mufflers, because they do, but they work even better on appropriate tuned
pipes.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models
http://www.piedmontmodels.com/