Pattern Fun

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 09:16:44 AKDT 2002

I used to have a Stinson in which I hauled competition airplanes also.
Undid the snaps on the canvas baggage compartment walls, and laid the
wings and fuselage on top of the control cables.  (No, it wasn't
dangerous; you had to see how I did it to believe it wasn't dangerous,
but, believe me, it wasn't.)
It was great for those situations where, as Steve says, the contest was
being held at an airport.
But, for those contests where an airport wasn't near the contest site,
it was a real pain to try to arrange for transportation.  Most light
plane fields, at that time, had no provision for rental cars, and it was
necessary to arrange for alternate transportation.
So, we didn't generally fly by light plane unless we could land at the
contest site.
But, when we could, it was great.  Got some good stories about

Bill Glaze