Airtronics Servo 94731

David R. Gundling DGundling at compuserve.com
Sat Sep 7 11:48:11 AKDT 2002

Message text written by INTERNET:discussion at nsrca.org
>Should I be looking at something other than the servo?<

Larry,

Flutter is a control surface aerodynamic effect. Flutter is not caused by
the servo. When you added engine power you added airplane speed. Apparently
you moved into a speed range which triggered the flutter. Tightening up
linkages and servo slop will help delay the onset but I think you need to
work on your elevatorto stiffen it. Did you seal the hinge line?

Dave
# discussion-request at nsrca.org