Airtronics Servo 94731

Larry Diamond jed241 at email.msn.com
Sat Sep 7 11:38:18 AKDT 2002

Need a 94731 Airtronics servo. I know they are available at Tower, but don't
want to pay $75 unless I have to...Wife put me on a tight budget....<g>

If you have one you would like to part with e-mail me @ jed241 at msn.com.

Question of the day...I am replacing a 94102 (50oz/in Torq @ 4.8V) in the
elevator... I had a close call with flutter on Elevator input. I'm assuming
that the servo isn't strong enough and caused the flutter.

Plane is about 8 lbs 13 oz; WS 66; L is 64; Engine is 91FX stock muffler;
15% Nitro fuel; 14 x 8 prop @ 10,300 rpm. I'm working on a nose heavy
condition which I think is part of the problem.

It happened on the 1st flight with a 91FX. The engine was upgraded from a OS
91 Surpass II and didn't present a problem with the flutter condition for
about 50 flights.

I was about 2/3rds throttle during trimming at level flight. I banked right
and added elevator. Flutter started after about 90% thru the turn. The nose
dropped slight and lost elevator control when I heard it. Pulled throttle to
1/3rd, prayed as I eased on the elevator and brought it back in....No
apparent damage and hinges look good. Batteries before and after flight was
about 5.0V.

Should I be looking at something other than the servo?

Larry
NSRCA 3083

# discussion-request at nsrca.org