Prop Choice

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:32:40 AKST 2002

Bob,

I've found the best all around prop for me(Masters Schedule) is an APC
16.5X12W. It turns in the area of 8100 to 8200 RPM on my Webra 145's running
  a couple of clicks rich. The Greve and ES pipes that I have used perform
pretty much equal in the RPM department. As Lee mentioned, I have also
played with the Bolly 16.5X12. It really turns the RPM's(8600+)and pulls
like a brute. The Bolly will probably may or may not meet DB requirements.
haven't taken enough repetitive measurements to be sure. I'd say it was the
ideal prop for 100 degrees/100% humidity on a heavy airplane(10.75 to 11
lbs). Eric Henderson has a Bolly 16X13W that I would like to try but,
unfortunately the whether has gone downhill up here in the Northeast. APC
17X12 and 16X13(wind prop) are also viable props.

Joe Lachowski
Happy Piedmont Models Customer(just for you Lee)<VBG>

>From: "Bob Miller" <bd4 at inter-linc.net>
>To: <discussion at nsrca.org>
>Subject: Prop Choice
>Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:00:29 -0600
>
>What is the popular prop choice for the Webra 1.45 with the Greve Pipe?
>Any one using multiblade props on this setup?
>
>Bob Miller
># To be removed from this list, send a message to
># discussion-request at nsrca.org
># and put leave discussion on the first line of the body.
>#

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.

# discussion-request at nsrca.org