Prop Choice

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Mon Oct 28 13:38:17 AKST 2002

I've tried a lot of props, no 3 blade though, but keep coming back to the
APC 17x12.  On 15% with the Greve pipe I've had it up to 8000rpm, however I
like the power at 7900, so I run a little rich.

Joe Lachowski told me he ran the same setup with a Bolly 16.5x12 at 8600.
Sounds like a good windy day combination.

If you like high torque and don't mind a bit of prop noise the Mejzlik 18x10
works good.  RPM is similar to the APC 17x12.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models
http://www.piedmontmodels.com/

# discussion-request at nsrca.org