2005 Masters

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 1 12:28:37 AKDT 2002

Hi Eric,
Two questions

>Stall Turn 1 and 1/4 Rolls up, 3/4 Roll down, Exit Inverted
>Model pulls through one-quarter (1/4) loop to vertical flight,
>pauses, performs one-and-one-quarter (1-1/4) rolls,
>pauses, performs a 180 degree stall turn in the direction
>of the maneuver to a vertical dive, pauses, performs
>a three-quarter (3/4) roll in opposite rotation, pauses, then pushes
>through one-quarter (1/4) loop to recover in inverted level
>flight.
>Downgrades:
>1. Track not vertical at beginning and end of rolls
>and stall turn.
>2. Track of stall turn not 180 degrees.
>3. Over or under rotation of rolls. 1 Point per 15
>Degree Rule.
>4. Rolls not centered in vertical lines.
>5. Loop segments not round and of equal radius.
>6. Pendulum movement after stall.
>7. Exit not same altitude and heading as entry.
>8. Roll rates not constant.

Sorry, I took my rule book out of my briefcase so I can't look this up my
self. There was a question at the judging seminar earlier this year about
less than 180 degrees of track when wind corrected. Has this been resolved
or specified in another section?

>Inside-Outside Diamond Eight with 1/1, Full Rolls, on center 45's
>Model passes through center and pulls one eighth (1/8) loop to
>45 degree up line, draws another straight line then pulls quarter (1/4)
>loop, draws straight line and pulls one quarter loop (1/4). Model hesitates
>and performs one roll (1/1), hesitates and pushes one quarter loop (1/4) to
>45 degree up line, draws line and then pushes one quarter loop (1/4), draws
>straight line, pushes one quarter loop (1/4), hesitates and performs one
>roll (1/1), hesitates pulls one-eighth loop (1/8) to level flight.
>Downgrades.

I think you need another pull quarter loop after the role or you wind up on
a verticle downline.

Anthony

# discussion-request at nsrca.org