Focus Cooling

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 06:51:48 AKST 2002

Chuck:
Stock cutouts working fine for me, but I'm running Y.S. 1.40 FZ.  Seems plenty
cool.  In fact, If I had it to do over, I'd give thought to not even cutting out
the upper cheek cutouts.  Air circulation from around the large cutout that
services the head area seems to be O.K.  At first I didn't cut out the cheek
portion, and was having engine problems I thought were related to cooling.  So,
I cut them out, only to find out that the problem was elsewhere.  If I get
another cowl for any reason, I'll not cut out the upper portions.  Of course,
I'm not sure if the 1.60 could survive under those circumstances.

Bill Glaze

# discussion-request at nsrca.org