Focus Wing Tube

ronlock ronlock at comcast.net
Mon Nov 11 05:00:17 AKST 2002

It's my understanding that the tube spar MUST extend into
the wing a touch more than 10 inches.   10 inches is where
the rib structure is to take flight loads.   Apparently some of
the early production kits had a problem in that area that was
since corrected.

My kit was one of the very early ones.   I sharpened one end
of the tube spar, seratted (?) it a bit, and used it as a hole
saw to cut through whatever was at the 9 inch point.
Pesky but do-able.   Being a bit cautious, my  tube
extends into each wing 10 1/2 inches.  Maybe you
want to call Piedmont to verify, they have been
very helpful.

Ron Lockhart