WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

Del Rykert drykert at rochester.rr.com
Sat Nov 9 06:27:11 AKST 2002

Sounds like MICRO Management to me...
         Del
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mark Wendt
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 12:16 PM
  Subject: RE: WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

  At 10:36 AM 11/3/02 -0500, you wrote:

    -->

    It has been my experience that whenever you give away anything for free, it is never considered

    valuable or fully appreciated.

    My recommendation would be to increase the dues, and lock down this list and the NSRCA website

    to paying members only.  There are many successful subscription web sites and lists out there now. If people

    find value in the  information, they are willing to pay for it.

          Yup, that's exactly what the NSRCA needs to do.  Limit access to all resources except for members.  Increase dues and drive away even more folks.  Sounds like a true prescription for success and increasing the membership to me.

    With the increase in dues you can start paying the volunteers which will motivate them to keep things more

    up to date and fresh, which will create a better overall experience for everyone&&&IMHO

          If the NSRCA were to pay the volunteers the true value of their work, it'd be in the hole in a heart beat.

    Rick Sweeney

  Mark