CF pipe mounting?

Woodward James R Civ 416 FLTS/TPS James.Woodward2 at edwards.af.mil
Mon Nov 4 07:45:15 AKST 2002

One thing I've done with pretty good results is to use the Dave Brown
"white" little piece of platic that you can pass a zip-tie under.  It is
like a 1/2" square deal, with a radiused top for the curvature fo the pipe.
Then, use some 1.0"  heat shrink tubbing and "shrink" it around the hole
thing, making sure the tubbing is sucked down on the top, with the open ends
on the side of the mount.  Trim it a little, and cut a little hole in the
top-center for the 6/32 screw to pass through the top, so you'll also have
access with the ball driver.  This provides a nice rubber cushion around the
little device, and it won't wear a hole in the pipe.  Then,, depending on
your pipe channel, either mount that to a lord-mount, or a 6/32 well-nut
that just passess through the pipe channel floor.  well nuts of all sizes
avail. from those McMasterCarr folks.
Jim W.