CF pipe mounting?

s.vannostrand at kodak.com s.vannostrand at kodak.com
Mon Nov 4 07:36:55 AKST 2002

Tony,
Do you punch a hole for the 8-32 in the strap?  I'd imaging the bolt head
would be rubbing against the pipe.  How do you protect against this?

--Lance

Terry:

I use a "lord mount" on it.  I attach a strap around the back of the pipe,
just forward of the stinger.  The strap attaches to the lord mount via a
8-32 bolt.

 I use the same set-up on the front of the pipe, where the teflon attaches
to the pipe.  A strap, then a piece of brass tubing to make a bushing to
get the proper height, then a long screw to go through the strap, bushing,
and into the lord mount.

 Never had any breakage using a Hyde mount.

 Tony Stillman
Radio South, Inc.
3702 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, Fl 32505