WAS - KFactor Now "Members"

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Sat Nov 2 06:47:45 AKST 2002

>         Contest reports, while for some people are very informative, to
> me are utterly boring, and if the issue's contents are comprise mostly of
> these, it goes into the recycling bin.  Much the same as I do with Model
> Aviation.  Maybe I'm selfish, but I really can't generate any interest in
> what someone else did in a contest 2000 miles away from me.  I think the
> NSRCA would be much better served by posting the individual contest
> results on each district's web site.  Number one, it'd be more
> timely.  Number two, only the interested parties need look up the results.

Contest reports would be more interesting if for each contest there was a
chart that tells what plane, engine, weight, radio, servos, fuel and other
statues for each of the top 3  planes in each class.   Something like is
done in Model Aviation for the NATS.

This would serve two purposes.   1) Give meaningful info on what equipment
is really being used.  2) Show newcommers to the NSRCA that non multi
thousand dollar planes are actually placing in the contest.

I know before I actually started flying pattern I couldn't wait for Model
Aviations coverage of the Pattern Nats.   It was that chart that was of the
most interest to me, see what equipment is being used.

George

# discussion-request at nsrca.org