Involving the pattern community as a whole.

GeorgeF. av8tor at flash.net
Wed Dec 11 12:53:08 AKST 2002

At 01:26 PM 12/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>This is the kind of concept I was advocating several months ago. Then
>>I got replies on this list from NSRCA officers that stated "non-member
>>are not invited". Non-members stay out, we know what is best for
>>pattern. PERIOD!
>
>I don't mind a free database of interested AMA members.
>
>I don't mind letting AMA members comment on rules changes.
>
>I do mind allowing non-members to have equal voting
>rights with members when considering NSRCA policy
>decisions.
>
>I don't think this is the equivalent of saying "we alone
>know what is best for pattern."  It is a way of saying
>that members get to vote on NSRCA policies and non-members
>do not.  That is consistent with Robert's Rules of Order
>and other democratic traditions.
>
>                                         Marty #2874 (not yet renewed)

I agree with Marty.  I feel the NSRCA must do more to sway modelers our way
who are interested in and/or fly pattern who have not joined NSRCA.  To do
this we can give them free technicalhelp and information via the website.

Cost of doing this to the NSRCA is Zero (except for a bit of labor).

The cost of NOT doing this to the NSRCA is priceless!

However since not all pattern fliers are members of the NSRCA these non
NSRCA pattern fliers still should have voting rights relating to Rule
changes which would appear in the AMA Competition Rules.  I agree these
people should not have voting rights relating to NSRCA political issues.

George
NSRCA 1046 (Also not yet renewed)

# discussion-request at nsrca.org