Involving the pattern community as a whole.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Dec 11 10:10:05 AKST 2002

--On Wednesday, December 11, 2002 11:46 AM -0700 Larry Ott
<lott at brown-strauss.com> wrote:

> We are asking the AMA to give us the authority to create,
> manage and change all of the rules governing pattern flying
> in the U.S. by granting us the Annex.

True.

> The NSRCA does not
> represent all pattern flyers as has been stated numerous
> times. On the other hand, the AMA has a responsibility to
> ALL pattern flyers.

True.

> Who will look after the rights of the non NSRCA member?
> You and others want to exclude them.

False.

In the message that you quoted, I said explicitly
that I agree with keeping a FREE database of AMA
pattern pilots and accepting their input on the
design of new patterns.

But I do not think that non-members should set
NSRCA policy.

> Think about this, please. Allowing non-members to participate
> in and vote on rules changes that affect ALL pattern flyers,
> does not mean allowing them to vote on all NSRCA policies.

Um, right.  I thought that is what I said in my
first note.  :o)

> The election of officers, the "process" by which rules are
> changed, who is on the rules change committee, how we run
> the K-Factor and on and on should not be voted on by
> non-members. But the "actual" vote on rules changes should
> be open to "all" pattern flyers that are AMA members.

We agree.

					Marty #2874 (I'll pay, I'll pay!)
# discussion-request at nsrca.org