Involving the pattern community as a whole.

Larry Ott lott at brown-strauss.com
Wed Dec 11 09:46:51 AKST 2002

Marty,

> I do mind allowing non-members to have equal voting
> rights with members when considering NSRCA policy
> decisions.
>
> I don't think this is the equivalent of saying "we alone
> know what is best for pattern."  It is a way of saying
> that members get to vote on NSRCA policies and non-members
> do not.  That is consistent with Robert's Rules of Order
> and other democratic traditions.
>
> 					Marty #2874 (not yet renewed)

We are asking the AMA to give us the authority to create,
manage and change all of the rules governing pattern flying
in the U.S. by granting us the Annex. The NSRCA does not
represent all pattern flyers as has been stated numerous
times. On the other hand, the AMA has a responsibility to
ALL pattern flyers.

Who will look after the rights of the non NSRCA member?
You and others want to exclude them.

I strongly disagree with this, and always have.

Think about this, please. Allowing non-members to participate
in and vote on rules changes that affect ALL pattern flyers,
does not mean allowing them to vote on all NSRCA policies.
The election of officers, the "process" by which rules are
changed, who is on the rules change committee, how we run
the K-Factor and on and on should not be voted on by
non-members. But the "actual" vote on rules changes should
be open to "all" pattern flyers that are AMA members.

Larry Ott - AMA 9872
          - NSRCA 3381

# discussion-request at nsrca.org