Involving the pattern community as a whole.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Wed Dec 11 09:26:51 AKST 2002

> This is the kind of concept I was advocating several months ago. Then
> I got replies on this list from NSRCA officers that stated "non-member
> are not invited". Non-members stay out, we know what is best for
> pattern. PERIOD!

I don't mind a free database of interested AMA members.

I don't mind letting AMA members comment on rules changes.

I do mind allowing non-members to have equal voting
rights with members when considering NSRCA policy
decisions.

I don't think this is the equivalent of saying "we alone
know what is best for pattern."  It is a way of saying
that members get to vote on NSRCA policies and non-members
do not.  That is consistent with Robert's Rules of Order
and other democratic traditions.

					Marty #2874 (not yet renewed)
# discussion-request at nsrca.org