Bylaws

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 1 11:29:36 AKST 2002

I just got my November issue of K Factor, and lo and behold we have a new set of Bylaws.It has a revision date of July--4 months ago. I for one never received any K Factor with a revision proposed, or an opportunity to understand,or vote on the changes. How many others out there are in the same boat?
How do you compare the new to the old when you never had a copy/saw the old to compare with?
What has changed?
Why was it changed?
What was the "voted tally" on what changes?
Why does it have many errors in the "final version"?
    Examples--Where does it identify the number of Districts?
                    Where are they defined-physically
                    How are they structured
                    How are the revised
            Also--How are District VP's replaced?
                        They are the BOD -per Art.VII-Section 1-a.
                        "The President SHALL fill such vacancy---"per   Article VII Section 3 b.
                        "this vacancy MAY BE filled by vote of then remaining BOD---" per Article VIII Section 3-m.
                         Guess who does it?--the "SHALL"  rules in any reading.----so why is it in two places?
              Wishy washy writing of a "governing document" e.g. Article X Section 2-b. and c.  "SHOULD appoint" do they or not? it says "SHALL" under a. Maybe whoever wrote this is being purposefully that way?
            Under Article X Section 2--This defaults the lack of District definition in the Bylaws to AMA, and therefore it's District definitions.Until this gets fixed, unless intentional, do we switch to the AMA Districts?
This is not sour grapes, but real concern!!!!
I hope I am not gonna have to "duck and run" on this one, since all the folks I talked to around here are in the same boat.
Jerry