[NSRCA-dist8] DVP

stnagler at gmail.com stnagler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:17:28 AKDT 2020

Art,

    We're good with John continuing on.

I'm curious if there has ever been swap meet type of events throughout the
season... could be opportunities for recruitment.  From the outside looking
what I now see as gating recruitment are:

1) Cost of a reasonably competitive plane, cost of travel
2) Advertisement... we really had no clue such a thing existed.... thank
you Igor
3) The Perspective of it being elitist.... so glad it's not we really enjoy
the friendly comradery.

Some solution ideas:
As your local D8 Participant you represent the sport and are responsible
for keeping it alive.... potentially host practice days where local have an
opportunity fly what they brung and get feedback from you... maybe
incorporate a few moves into a fun-fly event... a sampling of sorts.

Put together a spring swap meet and in the fall incorporate a swap meet
with the awards ceremony

Help change the perspective from it's all the plane vs it's all the
pilot.... I have a personal experience/realization to share.... been flying
for 20years, flew the durabat at my first competition and really thought
the plane was my biggest limiter but laughed it off as I do.  Now after
continual flying and feedback from others with a different plane, I dusted
off the durabat and flew it one day at our field and wow it really flew
nice n crisp.... what really changed?  Now I really enjoy flying it,
probably somebody else has a similar struggle in your club.

Scott n TJ