[NSRCA-dist8] Fwd: FAA email

Art Kelly afkelly25 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:43:08 AKDT 2020

Fellow pilots,

You've likely seen the email from FAA about registering (or renewing) our
"drone" license. If you continued through the process you would have
arrived at a page where you commit to a clause that includes restricting
flights to 400' AGL.  I sent a note to Tyler Dobbs at AMA to see if they
have a current status on this. Following is his response, referring to a
communication in October of 2018. Since the deadline isn't until the end of
the year I suggest holding off on renewals to see if a more current policy
is released.

Stay safe,

Art