[NSRCA-dist8] D-8 Contests

Sean Mersh mershs at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:24:04 AKDT 2020

Great email - thanks Art!

________________________________
From: NSRCA-dist8 <nsrca-dist8-bounces at lists.nsrca.org> on behalf of Art Kelly via NSRCA-dist8 <nsrca-dist8 at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:47 AM
To: AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY <nsrca-dist8 at lists.nsrca.org>
Subject: [NSRCA-dist8] D-8 Contests

Fellow pilots,

These are trying times for all of us. I’m sure we’ve all adopted habits that would have seemed senseless just four weeks ago.

All districts in the NSRCA  community are in a quandary. Contests are being canceled or rescheduled. The prospects for the annual NATS are dim. The AMA reports that other SIGs are having similar reactions. This is a Pattern team trial year and there is some discussion about holding the trials later in the year.

Yesterday I held a conference call with the CD’s of this year’s D-8 contests. It was the consensus that we must proceed with caution and we agreed that we should cancel the first two contests of our season, Richland and Beck’s field. We will regroup in early May to assess the status of the virus and whether we can proceed with remaining contests.

We should all appreciate that our contests are possible through the various clubs that make their facilities available to for 3-4 days out of their flying season. And, in turn, they value our presence as an important source of income for their treasury.  We are encourage all our D-8 pilots to consider sending a small contribution to clubs where our contest is being canceled. At this juncture that would be the Richland club. (Becks is a private field) The Richland Club has a Pay Pal account and Bill Bowen will forward the information to me enable these contributions.

And, of course, the most important message; please continue to be safe and attentive to your health and that of your families.

Art

--

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>    Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>