[NSRCA-dist8] Scoring System

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:14:36 AKDT 2016

*Very important...please read. *

As you are likely aware, we utilized our new electronic scoring system at
our first contest of the year. All and all, it went very well for our first
time. We did have an issue with the scoring computer going to sleep and
shutting the network down, but that has been rectified.

The only other issue we had of significance was one pilots second round
scores changing after his third round. This was easily corrected, but we
certainly don't want this in the future. It appears a judge may have
entered an incorrect judge number, but we are not certain at this point.

In conversation with Peter and several other users, it appears pretty much
all of the issues reported have been user error, which of course is
understandable with a new system. The most important thing in the use of
the handheld devises is to be sure and listen for the prompts and
confirmations. Following are the most important vocal prompts to confirm:

1) After entering your judge number, round number and then hitting "done"
you should hear your name announced as the judge. If you do not, stop and

2) After selecting the "class" and "pilots" name you should hear a
confirmation of the pilots name. You should also hear the description of
the first manuaver being flown. If you do not hear this confirmations,
please call for help.

Also, it is extremely important the correct "round" has been selected.

Please take a few minutes to review Peters excellent video on the use of
the system. It will answer pretty much any question you may have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIKztfcOmOo

And last, at Boise, some pilots in FAI will be flying the F schedule on
Sunday. If you are flying Master or Advanced there is a very
good likelihood you will be called on to judge one or both of those rounds.
Please take a few minutes to review the F schedule.

 http://nsrca.us/index.php/sequences

See you in Boise!