[NSRCA-dist8] D8 Champs

Karl Watts karlwatt at sarmc.org
Thu May 14 19:34:59 AKDT 2015

I will be there Art.

Sent from my iPad

> On May 14, 2015, at 7:53 PM, Arthur F. Kelly via NSRCA-dist8 <nsrca-dist8 at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:
>
> Pat,
>
> Having read through the various comments I think we are all seeing the same page. Very few of us have any aspirations (or the skills) to climb high on the ladder. There is no question that with the arrival of each spring I truly look forward to the contests just to catch up with friends and compare notes on a hobby that I truly enjoy. And yes, it sometimes requires traveling long distances and we are supporting one another's contests. The reduced schedule this year is a big help.
>
> That said, I think we would all agree that the long term success of the pattern discipline is highly dependent on recruiting new pilots, a never ending task. Over the past several years a group of us in Medford have been working hard to attract new pilots and the efforts are just beginning to pay off. In addition, we have had to work through some challenges with the local club to block out their schedule for this event. With the roots just beginning to take hold, I would hate to see the Medford contest become a "backwater" event that is avoided because it's at the end of the season, the points don't count etc., etc. I know from having spoken with several of the local pilots that there will be some serious disappointment if we can't generate a good attendance and contest. A group of us are looking forward to making the trip to Richland and to Boise and hope that those efforts will be reciprocated.
>
> The "CG" of the D8 pilots is clearly well north of Medford so, as we agreed at the end of last season, it makes sense to host the championship near the CG.
> Yet, if the Medford contest is to be held it has to have relevance and the points should be counted.  So, I think our take would be option three.
>
> Art
>

>> On May 13, 2015, at 10:08 AM, Patrick Harris via NSRCA-dist8 wrote:
>>
>> Guy...I know I just sent out an email, but felt this should stand on its own.
>>
>> As most of you are aware, we normally hold our D8 Championship contest at our last event of the year which is worth double points. My thought this year was to hold the Championship at a more central location to the district, which would be the second Richland contest versus Medford which is our last event. The concern a few guys had was the potential lose of attendees at Medford if it is not the Championship contest.
>>
>> I am up for suggestions on how you guys want to deal with this.Here are some possibilities.
>>
>> 1) We hold the Championship at Medford
>> 2) Hold it at Richland and not count any points from Medford
>> 3) Hold it at Richland which will be worth double points, but still count Medford points (single points).

> [...]

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Trinity Health and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.