[NSRCA-dist8] Need

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 05:26:09 AKDT 2014

Pat, Karl is a NSRCA member; do you remember what K-Factor issue your
charging article is in?

*I was going to send this to Karl privately; but, guess its appropriate
here.*

You want to build a charge box; or, buy one?

I use a separate charger for my radios and park flyers. It just makes
things easier. Just keep one of your existing chargers. Specifically, I use
a FMA Multi4 running off a 1800ma 3S lipo.

These are the nicest pre-builts; but they are expensive. Perhaps Jim will
post a picture of his 2 beer charge station.
http://www.progressiverc.com/chargers/charger-combos

I buy chargers and charge chords from these guys because I like them and
they are usually a tad cheaper then progressive. http://www.buddyrc.com/

Power supplies from this guy because he's cheap and a really good person to
deal with. Pat and I have the 47 amp supplys. Today I would buy a 100 amp
model and run two chargers off it just ask him to add a 12 volt tap for
small chargers.  http://feathermerchantrc.com/

Do not mess around with 12 volt chargers for 10S packs go at least 24
volts. 12 is fine for radio batteries, 4S and below. but the rest needs and
likes to be 24. Watts come easier at higher voltages.