[NSRCA-dist8] Judging question

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:12:16 AKDT 2012

I was out practicing today and totally screwed up a maneuver.  After the
flight one of my flying buddies asked how it would of been scored. I didn't
know and for the benefit of the group I'm asking here on the list.

Flying intermediate I came into the 4th maneuver "1/2 square loop exit
inverted" .  After I finish the 1/2 square I got
totally disorientated flying upside down to center for the "Square loop
from top". By the time I get to center, I am right side up, climbing and
headed out at about a 45 degree angle to my line. I crossed center circled
around to the right, backtracking; just before getting back to center I
rolled inverted flew to the other (box) corner and continued with the half
loop.

I realize the square from the top gets a zero. My question is are points
deducted from the half loop because I crossed center and circled back
around?

Mike