[NSRCA-dist8] Redmond

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 21 07:55:15 AKDT 2011

I've blown through the system from the tank vent line and fuel flows freely
everywhere. I've got one more thing to try and it's a long shot. The pump
activating tube is partially kinked near one end where it bends. It seams
logical to me that this partial restriction could dampen the operating
pressure pulsation at high frequency / RPM leaving it unaffected at low
through mid RPM. I need to drop the header and pull the motor to attach the
pressure tube to the backplate screw nipple. I almost did it yesterday but
though I'd just do one thing at a time.
The pressure tube needs to be changed anyway as it has hardened and doesn't
grip the ends well, probably an incompatibility with the synthetic oil in
the fuel. It stays on but how long is uncertain and I don't like having
problems in the starting box. E-power seams more compatible with a fuel-it
and fly-it concept. When an airplane leaves my shop it shouldn't need
anything more than a battery replacement in 4 or 5 years. Anything less is
only tolerable.
Later
Jim