[NSRCA-dist8] Boise Pattern

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 15:08:46 AKDT 2010

Thanks Rex, I think the key to building interest in pattern is keeping it in
front of the masses. Like you have always told me, all I can do is make
pattern accessible. Today's event kind of reminded everybody we had a
pattern contest at our field last May. FYI: eight contestants loosely
represents 10 percent of our membership. Since less than 50 percent of our
membership are active fliers, I say we did real good. Best memory of the day
is a self proclaimed "Old Fart" beat everybody rather convincingly. Second
place was won by a guy with a profile fun fly airplane and Nathan took third
with his electric chaos. I used regular - non flying - club members as
judges, even they had a good time.