[NSRCA-dist7] D7 Championship Registration

Jerry Budd nsrcad7dvp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 14:34:44 AKDT 2022

All,

We are now approaching 2 weeks out from the D7 Championships at Oakdale on Oct 22 & 23.  As of today we only have 11 contestants signed up.  I don’t think many are waiting to decide if they’re going to attend or not, so please, if you aren’t one of the 11 who have, go to https://tinyurl.com/3dhxmzxw <https://tinyurl.com/3dhxmzxw> and register now.

Also, an administrative note.  I was informed by the Oakdale Club President last weekend that Duck Hunting season starts on Saturday, Oct 22nd.  What does that have to do with us you might ask?  Well, not much until learning that beginning on Saturday we can't start flying before 10 AM.  It’s not negotiable, it’s a requirement levied on the club by their landlord, the Country Parks and Rec. Dept. (and no, it doesn’t matter that most, if not all of us are flying electric - the County doesn’t care).  Why is this a requirement?  Because the flying field in located immediately next to a lake that is home to a large number of Ducks.

Please don’t blame the Club President, he didn’t realize this either.  It shouldn’t be a big deal as the field orientation should allow us to fly late in the day on Saturday, but it will set us back a bit on Sunday.

BTW, this does NOT affect practice on Friday morning as the hunting season doesn’t start until Saturday.  However, there may be some club members flying Friday morning, please be respectful as it’s their field, and our event doesn’t technically start until Saturday.

So the new timeline is:

9 AM - Pilot Meeting
10 AM - 1st Flight

Remember - NO flying onsite before the contest on either Saturday or Sunday.  Doing so may put the club at jeopardy of losing their field (and you not being allowed to fly in the contest).

I hope to see you all there, the weather forecast looks good, the field is really nice, Dale is making a killer sandwich lunch for Saturday, we have some really nice awards, coffee cups, and T-shirts to hand out.  But you need to register to fly in the event (and it’s a LOT easier on everyone if you do it in advance, online).

Thanks and we’ll see everyone soon!

Jerry Budd
NSRCA D7 DVP