[NSRCA-dist7] DC points question and update

Chris Fitzsimmons nsrcad7dvp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:55:59 AKST 2017

Very thankful to those of you who contacted me about my previous email. If
no one steps up, I will continue on and try as best as I can to do better.
I need help. Some have offered. Thanks! Please help by doing a writeup for
your contests as I can't attend all. It's free advertisement for your next
years contest.

Ok, so it's time for me to make changes for this season. I want to go to 4
or 5 contests counted and look into other systems that other districts do
for next year. I personally want to go to 5 counted plus the DC, but this
isn't about me. It's about us. So your feedback is needed. Depending on
what we go to, will determine how many out of district contests count also.
Which most don't know, but that helps our Arizona members. I want the south
and the very south to count. Hence why I wanted the DC contest in the south
this year. Seems if we go too north, we have a bad turnout, hoping we can
get somewhere again more middle. But I'm open to whatever everyone wants to
do.

YES, I understand the situation for those of us who can't afford to go to
that many contests. I get it. I am generally in that category. So this
doesn't help me in one bit. It helps the folks that participate more. Which
is my goal. D7 participation should be the priority as our participation
has not been that impressive as of late. So please, let me know either way
what you think.

I am changing the wording to our D7 Championship rules. In the who is
eligible part. This had a loophole where it did not state you needed to be
and NSRCA member prior to a contest for it to count towards your DC points.
I changed it to read this:

Who is eligible?The NSRCA District 7 Season Champion title and trophy are
sponsored by the NSRCA and are open to any current NSRCA District 7 member.
You must join the NSRCA prior to your first contest for district points to
count for that contest and all others after for the current season.

I added the last line.

Thanks!

Chris