[NSRCA-dist7] Championship Points and Methods

John Bentley j.bentley at usa.net
Mon May 2 17:33:08 AKDT 2016

Here are some  thoughts:
When a CD runs a contest then he/she is responsible for all aspects of the
contest, safety, pilot conduct, etc. Basically the CD takes over the field and
is entrusted by the club to manage the event. The CD should, at the pilots
meeting, define expectation and make it clear that un-sportsman like conduct
will result in expulsion from the event. If the club has banned a pilot then
that pilot would not be able to practice during open field time when the CD is
not in charge but when the active contest is running the CD can and should
allow any AMA pilot to fly so long as the CD’s expectation are met. If the
pilot violates the rules during the event then the CD has the duty to take
action.

A particular clubs challenges that result in pilot’s being banned should not
interfere the the pilot’s ability to compete regionally or nationally. Clubs
always have the option of not holding pattern contests if they intent to
guarantee the banned will pilot never fly at the field. When you hold a
contest you open the field to pilots from all over the country and the world,
you never know what you will get and you could get a pilot that had been
banned from other fields perhaps for even more egregious reasons.
John