[NSRCA-dist7] District 7 Season Championships

Wallace, Bill WallaceBill at bfusa.com
Tue Aug 7 18:12:48 AKDT 2012

John:
I am copying my response to this question from RCUniverse.  I think it says it all for me.  Thanks.

I wasn't able to make it to the event in Arvin in April (was on vacation in Wash DC meeting with the Pres. -just kidding), but it sounded like a great event - Thanks Chip. However, I am going to have to go along with Tony on this one - the Dist Champs has always been a special event for me and one I have not missed in a long time. But I think the point of it is as stated - a Dist Championship. Now I'm not against any other activity to bring in fun and variety to the event, but if it means losing a round (and we all know that the weather is never predictable enough to count on), then I say we forgo the extracurricular activities in lieu of completing a full 6 round contest. ( besides it is going to take me at least 6 rounds to ever have a chance of beating Carter). And as far as the unknowns go - again I have to agree with Tony - fine for FAI - that is part of their program anyway, but to introduce it at the Championships for Masters is not the right venue. Maybe at one of the other contests would be better - there is already enough additional pressure at the Championships. So bring on the helicopter - GBees - whatever, just give me my full contest. Of course, what do I know!!

Bill Wallace
Commercial Sales Manager
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions
4000 E. Mission Blvd.