[NSRCA-dist7] District 7 Season Championships

Jonathan L Carter joncarter60 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 17:56:26 AKDT 2012

To all pattern pilots in D7 - Greetings! We have been having a nice
competition season so far and as you all know the season championships are
coming up. They will be at the Arvin field on October 20th & 21st. There has
been a discussion started on RCU regarding doing some "extra" things at the
district contest. I would like to get some feedback from D7 pilots who are
planning on attending the district championships.

Point 1) Understand, the focus of this contest will be AMA pattern. Weather
permitting; we WILL fly six rounds in all AMA classes and FAI. Scoring for
this contest will as always be best 4 out of 6 rounds for the AMA classes
and for FAI it will be best 3 out of 4 rounds of the P schedule and the best
1 out of 2 rounds of the F schedule.

Given point 1; I would like to hear from you about the following questions.

1)       Is there interest in doing some "fun" stuff like Gee-Bee racing
late Friday afternoon and late Saturday afternoon?

2)       For Masters is there any interest in the top three pilots having a
1 round "unknown" schedule "fly-off" after the regular contest finishes on
Sunday. This would not count towards the regular contest at all but would
have some small prize awarded.

3)       For FAI is there any interest in the top three pilots having a 1
round "unknown" schedule "fly-off" after the regular contest finishes on
Sunday. This would not count towards the regular contest at all but would
have some small prize awarded.

Please give me your feedback on these questions. You can answer to the list
or just e-mail me at my usual address joncarter60 at comcast.net

Thanks

Jon Carter

NSRCA D7 VP & CD