[NSRCA-dist4] Columbus contest

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue May 27 06:12:07 AKDT 2008

Lol...NO!!  Veteran's aren't supposed to make mistakes!!!

As it turns out...I think I did put the screw in.  It's not on my workbench
where it would be if I'd forgotten it.  I looked everywhere..hoping to find
proof of my stupidity.

These were new digital servos, all metal gears and output shafts...so it's a
metal machine screw into metal, as opposed to the old wide thread screw into
nylon.  I didn't use any type of locktite or any thing.  I'm guessing it
just backed out from vibration.  I've never had anything like that happen
before.  That would help explain why it lasted 2 full flights though.  Can't
imagine the arm would stay on that long otherwise.

Lesson learned.  The hard way :(