[NSRCA-dist4] Columbus contest

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 19:40:49 AKDT 2008

Oh no . . .  . . . . . . .

 Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Atwood <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>
To: "dist4 at nsrca.org" <dist4 at nsrca.org>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 6:20:00 PM
Subject: [NSRCA-dist4] Columbus contest

Columbus contest Hey all,

A rookie mistake has cost me my Brio :( :(   My Black Magic’s aren’t complete yet so I currently am without an airplane.   Shouldn’t be too long to get a BM in the air (a few weeks) especially without the distraction of flying...lol.

As such, I won’t be attending next weekend :(:(   I’ll be busy painting and covering.

There’s an outside chance I may still go to the shootout and share an airplane with Bill Pritchett...we’ll see.

-Mark
PS...the Rookie mistake was changing Aileron servos at 3am and forgetting a servo screw.  Servo arm came off on the 3rd flight (surprised it lasted that long) and the resulting flutter was too much drag on the wing even at low throttle....just a slow spiral in.  Fiberglass and deceleration trauma are not pretty.