[NSRCA-dist1] F3A Team Selection

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:50:27 AKDT 2021

Hello Pilots,

Due to safety concerns the 2021 F3A World Championships was cancelled. The next F3A WC will be held in Australia in 2023 and Richard Hansen, AMA President, has asked the F3A Team Selection Committee members to determine the best approach to determine our team. We could either redesignate the existing 2021 team to be the 2023 team or hold a new team selection to select new pilots. If we hold new team selections this means the team selected in 2020 will not have been given the opportunity to complete. However, If we designate the 2021 team to compete in 2023, this means we will not hold F3A team selections for four years and consequently deprive other competitors the opportunity of vying for the team.

In the spirit of ensuring we have the best and most competitive team possible; I agree with Richard in holding new team selections for the 2023 F3A Team USA. This will allow all interested pilots to compete for the team, those that have been waiting for their opportunity in the next selection process as well as those existing team members wishing to renew their commitment.

Several of you have already expressed your opinions but we would like to get feedback from the F3A community in District 1 so I can pass this along to the committee.

Thank you,

Anthony Romano