[NSRCA-dist1] D1 & NSRCA updates

Sal Piu spiurc at comcast.net
Wed Apr 15 17:48:31 AKDT 2020

FYI

1) NSRCA board recently realized that - waiting for AMA to decide on
June 1st -  may be too late of a decision point for us to have a good
NATS event turnout.  NSRCA president recently contacted AMA with this
concern. As it turns out, several SIGs supporting AMA NATS have stated
similar concerns.  AMA informed Archie Stafford earlier this week that
AMA may make the decision about this years NATS next week.

2) The K-factor is now only published in digital format, obtainable
preferably via NSRCA site download.  The NSRCA board is highly
interested to upgrade the k-factor format to be modernized for current
viewing generation.  This means including videos.  I get the digital
version of the AMA monthly magazine which has already converted over to
a modern digital format:  I envision the k-factor to follow something
like that.  NSRCA board is getting support from our current k-factor
editor to do this. We're planning to make the conversion soon, possibly
starting with the June or July edition.  With that said, I would like
everyone in D1 to consider if there are any suggested existing available
videos to start with, or even volunteer to create new ones to kick off
this transitional format effort.  Please email me your videos or
recommendations.  If I'm swamped with responses, and I hope I am,  I'll
use some, and reserve some for follow-on k-factor editions.  Videos
could cover anything, preferably something that is linked in some minor
or major way to precision aerobatics, including building and flying
techniques that even non-pattern pilots/planes could apply.

The above two items will probably covered by multiple board members in
the May 2020 k-factor edition.

3) If the stay-home mandate continues on, and it probably will, I'm
considering to sponsor another D1 telcon soon for the purpose of
socially tagging up with each other.  Let me know if anyone has a
preferred date or time slot to aim or avoid.

Sal Piu

NSRCA D1 VP 2020-2021