[NSRCA-dist1] D1 Pattern Scoring System

S Piu spiurc at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 17:18:02 AKST 2015

Wow, lost of correspondence in D1 over the last few days  (while I was
out on a business trip)!

First, I'm  not in favor of a district-shared printer.  I've had two
printers go to dry-ink conditions from lack of constant use, which would
be a very likely scenario between contest seasons for D1. While new ink
cartridges easily resolves this issue, via purchase immediately prior to
a contest, the dry ink within the printer can be challenging to recover
from.

Second, having experience running a contest essentially by myself, I am
intrigued if the Vogel system could ease my workload with
score-entry.    If a local WiFi needs to be set up to enable it, this
presents the problem of wifi distance/range limitations or
requirements.  Site-specific arrangements will need to be considered.
My site probably has too great of distances to effectively use Wifi due
to electric source via generator arrangement (which is set up to support
local in-place structures that are intentionally far away from the
flight line).  Therefore, is there a long-wired option with the Vogel
system  to consider?

Sal Piu