[NSRCA-dist1] Would like to get to one contest this summer.

Dana Beaton danamaenia at me.com
Mon Jun 1 22:39:54 AKDT 2015

Hi Ken.  Which contest is best for you is probably best is left for you to decide.  Pocono is fun and this may be our last year at beautiful Hialeah airfield.

From my experience, while a few pilots can be found practicing at Pocono on Fridays before a contest, that may not be the most reliable time to get extra input unless you have made specific plans with someone in advance.  We will likely be setting-up the field for the contest mid-day Friday 6/19, but since most of us live an hour+ from Hialeah field we usually do not stay too late on Friday to be well rested for the drive back on Saturday morning.  That said, perhaps some like yourself who is traveling in from out-of-town may be practicing on Friday evening, but your mileage may vary.  Do you know anyone coming to Pocono that you can connect with on Friday?

Weather permittng, we are practicing pattern most Friday evenings at LVRCS anyway, so you are welcome to practice with us in Easton on 6/26.  This year, the LVRCS is holding a one day AMA pattern contest on Saturday, 6/27.  Then on Sunday, 6/28, there will be a separate Classic pattern contest (both are sanctioned.)  You can drive down Saturday if you wish and fly “Novice" with us on Sunday; or enter the more familiar AMA pattern contest on Saturday in Sportsman. Or you can stay over for both if you like, but we expect the bigger turn-out on Saturday for AMA, and mostly LV members on Sunday afternoon (late morning start due to neighbors and glow only after 12 noon).  http://www.lvrcs.com/content/index.php <http://www.lvrcs.com/content/index.php>

If we don’t see you at Pocono or the LV, perhaps at the Penguin Pattern contest 8-9 August in Oneida?  Good flying until then!  Dana