[NSRCA-dist1] D1 at the NATs

Anthony Romano anthonyr105 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:15:22 AKDT 2009

 Steve makes a great point. Practice is what you make of it. One of the reasons I opted to skip Ohio this year was the lack of any real benefit. Too many people, more yakking than coaching and really good chicken.  A few small groups in different areas could be more effective and less of a burden on the host club. More than 5 or 6 would get very slow.

 I have tried this several times in the last few years and even earlier this year to almost no response. Will try again though and offer the Stormville RC club field on any Saturday afternoon. Ed has been there it is a pretty decent site and we would most likely be by ourselves after lunch. Better suited for those on the Eastern end of the district. Probably could make the same kind of thing happen at Black Dirt if anyone is interested.

http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTExNmIycG51BF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEc2VjA2ZwLWJ1dHRvbgRzbGsDbGluaw--#mvt=m&lat=41.55987&lon=-73.740155&zoom=9&q1=3162%20route%2052%20Stormville%2C%20ny

  One thing I have wanted to try is bring score sheets to the field and judge practice sessions. Practice in both flying and judgeing with all the review time you want after the flight. I like the tape recorder idea since it allows for much more detail.

Anthony