[NSRCA-discussion] 18SZ throttle stick limits of travel

Jim Porter airporter96 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:48:11 AKST 2021

> I noticed today while increasing the tension on the throttle stick
> that it does not use the full range as compared to the small white
> marks to the left of the stick.  The elevator does.  I did not see an
> adjustment for this in the manual and did not find anything when
> looking on YouTube.  Anyone know if this can be changed?  If there is
> more sweep available, the precision of position to response on the
> airplane would be better.

This is seen on lots of different brands.  Most have a small removable
plastic stop on each end of the throttle stick travel.  If you really
feel the need for extra throttle travel and are up to it, you can remove
these stops.  Just be aware that this can make the stick action at the
end of the travel a little different.  On my DX 20 this makes the stick
want to move to and stay at the full throttle end of the travel when you
approach full throttle.  As I fly mostly large scale sailplanes and use
the throttle stick for flaps I don't find this a problem.

I think this may have been done to avoid over travel on the throttle
servo when you add in the trim action.

Your mileage may vary.

Jim Porter