[NSRCA-discussion] Flight Coach - your F3A coaching aid!

Daniel Underkofler underdw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:32:38 AKST 2021

Jon,
I agree that a large problem with automated judging will be with novice
flyers.
Another huge roadblock seems to me to be the need for rule/criteria
change.  For example, a current rule might specify a downgrade of 1pt for
each radius change. When we go to automate judging, we need to put
numerical criteria in place:
How much radius change constitutes a change?  For how long does a radius
need to be "changed" before it constitutes a change?  What algorithm or
curve fit should be used to measure radii?
Ahhh..... someday

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM Jon Dieringer via NSRCA-discussion <