[NSRCA-discussion] Cataract Surgery, Choice of Lens

Curt Oberg obergc at cox.net
Tue Mar 10 18:08:36 AKDT 2020

Andy,

For an RC flyer,  no question, go for the best far vision.  If you’re a typical person, you’re probably already used to using reading glasses and it’s no big deal to continue to use them.  I was faced with the same decision almost 8 years ago at age 74 and my eye doctor told me to NOT go for the dual vision lens, he said that they really aren’t all that good for near or far vision.  At almost 82, I still have near 20/20 far vision and I recently passed the Florida drivers license eye exam without any corrective lens.  JMHO.

Curt Oberg